Qigong on animals

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qigong on animals

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:40 pm

I've heard of doctors using Qigong to treat their patients, but has anyone heard of vets using it on animals?

Is there any reason this shouldn't be done?
A fish can't bird, but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
Winnie The Pooh

The fish would be foolish to seek escape from its natural environment.
Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby darth_freak » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:13 am

i've heard of vets making use of "acuponcture"...and horses that race get that too! so maybe there are a few...maybe in China there're more. :wink:
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:39 pm

Alos, Chiropractors can get animal licenses, but i've not heard of qigong for animals.

Interesting idea.
Flip
Forum Addict

Postby scramasax57 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:38 pm

one of the students at andover is a "homeopathic vet", which doesn't mean he hates gays, it means he uses herbs and acupuncture to cure animals. not sure if he uses actual qigong; in fact i'm not really sure how that would be done, it might if you explained the idea a bit more. i can ask him for more details on the processes he uses if you want.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby Pooh_Tao » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:13 pm

Well, obviously I'm suggesting developing a set of brocade for dogs...
Winnie The Pooh

Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby scramasax57 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:12 pm

how would you get them to do it?

i think i read somewhere that animals do things like that naturally, in the ways they stretch. only humans with our wierdly long lifetimes and lack of body knowledge need to design special techniques.
n. andover, ma branch

scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby Pooh_Tao » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:41 am

Point taken. The actual things I was referring to are things like qigong massage, anything related to healing with qi...

I suppose one may have trouble finding the dan tian of a poodle though...
Winnie The Pooh

Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby scramasax57 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:09 pm

we would need bronze men for all the species...that would be tough. like i said, the vet i know does acupuncture, which involves specific cavities, and massage which involves more general areas to improve qi flow.
n. andover, ma branch

scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

animals

Postby dc » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:22 am

you guys are weird.
dc
Forum Guru

Postby zipwolf » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Last week i thought it would be cool to make a parrot do Tai Chi.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Pooh_Tao » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:07 pm

You will think its even wierder when I have 200 year old poodles.

So these cavities in animals, how much do we know about them? Are they same for every dog? Or every breed of dog? Are they similar to other animals?

The reason I ask is to actually to do with evolution theory, if the qi paths in dogs are similar to like, bears, then we could guess they could be close in the evolution ladder...

Yeah it's a longshot...
Winnie The Pooh

Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby scramasax57 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:24 pm

have fun finding out.
n. andover, ma branch

scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby zipwolf » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:38 am

Good luck in finding that one cavity between your bottom and your bits (i dont know what i am allowed to say in reference to that area on the forum).

lol, dude, your mum would kill you if your dog lived to be 200.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby TonyM. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:13 am

If you enlarge your grand circulation it can also encompass others within your reach. Human or otherwise. I've stopped my elderly dogs strokes this way.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby qiflow » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:11 am

My dog (a yellow lab) had been acting strange lately and wanting to go out a lot (often right after coming in). The other day after he had been in and out a few times, he started barking at me. I brought him over towards me and his jaw was shaking. I am a Pan Gu Shengong student and so I brought him into the living room and started to send him qi. After a few minutes of this I stopped, and interestingly enough he seemed to be fine. Over the past few days, the jaw problem hasn't come back and he has not been wanting to go out as much. I don't know if the qi solved the problem, but I think there is a lot of potential in using qigong (especially external qi) to help animals.
qiflow
Just Arrived

Postby Walter Wong » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:55 am

That's interesting. For some reason I never thought of qigong healing and acupunture to use for healing animals. I guess for the fact that I don't think animals could sit still for you when you're trying to do something good for it.

Though I do give our cat neck massages like I massage a person's neck. Occassionally while the cat is standing there I squat down next to him and start massaging his neck, grabbing and squeezing his neck muscles from behind and then he just falls over side ways, laying on his side and his eyes roll back. Yes, he's still alive cause he gets up and walks away when I stop. :P
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby Hoga21 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:38 am

Hi All,

This is my first post here but some of you may know me as the "German Shepherd guy" that has been training at YMAA Andover for the past 15 years. I can say through a great deal of experience that a number of alternative therapies, all dealing with energy (qi), work on animals. My wife and I are both trained in "Western" veterinary medicine and owned/operated a veterinary hospital for several years (1980's). Both of us became disatisfied with the limitations in healing and the lack of holistic theory so began studying alternative therapies. My wife began studying human classical homeopathy with a man trained in India with the goal of applying it to healing animals. Homeopathy deals with balancing the bodies energy to create health. I more recently began studying tong ren, a form of qigong healing developed for humans, to use in helping animals with chronic disease. We have both had positive results in numerous animals that we have worked with helping both acute and chronic disease. I also know through other's experiences that acupuncture has been successful in a number of species of animals.

Just my 2 cents on a subject dear to my heart. If anyone wants more detail please ask.

Peace
Steve
Hoga21
Just Arrived

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung