Dr Steven Chang

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Dr Steven Chang

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi all, I've been reading a book named the complete system of chinese self-healing by a Dr Steven Chang, and I was just wondering whether anybody had heard anything about him reputation wise.

He seems to know what he's talking about, but some of his excercises seem a little unlikely, and for your book to be the "complete system" of chinese self healing seems like a bit of a bold statement.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody else had read this, and to check I'm not being fooled. Thanks.
A fish can't bird, but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
Winnie The Pooh

The fish would be foolish to seek escape from its natural environment.
Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby TonyM. » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:44 am

I can't speak about that title, but Dr. Changs' The Tao of Balanced Diet is a very good basic diet book.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Stephen Chang

Postby abersold » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 am

I read his books way back in the late 80's, I didn't find the layout of text books to be that good seemed tough to read enjoyably. But the methods in the books are timeless very traditional Daoist concepts and give them an "A+". I personllay like his Family Herbal traditions. They are well put together herb formulas for anyone.

It would be nice if he updated the books or produced some audio or visual aids. He has a website called The Great Dao. He will also be having a seminar in 2006.
abersold
Forum Addict

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung