small frame yang style

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

small frame yang style

Postby sija » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:02 pm

Does the Ymaa School recommend any yang style teachers in Australia? I would prefer small frame but beggars can’t be choosy. If not does the Ymaa conduct seminars in Australia?

I have been studying yang tai chi for four years and I feel like I know nothing. More I read and hear about fundamentals of tai chi I think the organisation I am with is not for filling my needs. There is no set program or direction, I'm not sure if it's meant to be small frame or large frame yang. I recently bought DR. Yang, Jing Mings "Martial Applications book" and was impressed with the all the aspect as it has helped in many ways.
So what books or dvd would you recommend of DR. Yang, Jing Mings to start training as a beginner?
sija
Just Arrived

Postby zipwolf » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:48 am

If you dont mind WHERE in Australia, how about you search out Erle Montaigue? Though as i dont know where in Australia you live, it's a long shot. You could be hundreds upon hundreds of miles away.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Yatish Parmar » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:39 am

AFAIK Erle now lives in Swansea.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan