internal qi gong, tai chi, and hsing i system

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

internal qi gong, tai chi, and hsing i system

Postby cgarland » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:17 pm

does anyone have any experience with mo dong yat hei ngm hahng morn or know of any surviving literature
cgarland
Forum Contributor

Postby Josh Young » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm

it was founded less than 100 years ago according to everything i have found about it
there should not be any literature pertaining to it other than material written recently
http://www.calvinchin.com/mudong.htm
The Mu Dong - Yat Hei Ngm Hahng Morn system was founded by Sit Chun-Yuk of Chieh Kong village in China. Sit was a student of the Shaolin system before he studied Mu Dong, an internal system from the neighboring Mu Dong (Wudang) mountain region. He trained under the guidance of Yik Wai-Chun, became his disciple, but also studied from Kuo Wei-Jin, (Hao Wei-Zheng) founder of another internal system, Hao style tai chi. Upon completing his studies, Sit integrated the essence of the Snake form from the Shaolin system, the Hsing I and Pa Kua styles from the Mu Dong system, and Hao style tai chi, a derivative from the Wu (Yu-Seong) branch. From these influences, Sit founded Mu Dong - Yat Hei Ngm Hahng Morn

it is technically a form of MMA, or Mixed Martial Arts, being composed of several martial arts mixed together
After the revolution in China, Ma departed for Hong Kong. Although he never established a school, he did accept many disciples, including Ng Kam-Lau. In Hong Kong, Ng befriended Kwong Tit-Fu, a noted Hung Gar Tiger Crane instructor of the Lam lineage. Kwong became his student and years later a disciple of Mu Dong - Yat Hei Ngm Hahng Morn. ...According to Ng, after Kwong’s passing in 1999, Chin became the only active instructor of the Mu Dong - Yat Hei Ngm Hahng Morn system.

i have no experience with the martial art itself, but am familiar with the martial arts that it incorporates, like Xing-yi-quan and Wu-hao and Bagua-zhang, there is a decent amount of information available about these martial arts out in the world.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan