Need to lose weight !

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

Need to lose weight !

Postby Warax » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi all!
I've been sick for 3 years now and my doctor wanted me to stop all kind of physical activites , as last time i did a demanding activity, i finish at an hospital... but now i have a problem.... 3 years without any kind of activities except Taichi have given me a bit of overweight... Some want me to go on a diet... which i don't want... Is there any book or way to lose fat and strenghten my body for taichi, beacuse realy 3 years without my regular training (only once a week... i used to practice every day... it was the only way for my doctors to acept) cause me now some pain in the leg and arms each time i do some intence taichi practice and martial application... now i'm taking back my regular training slowly, but still can't lose weight... as for my muscular mass, my doctor want me to keep it good because i already have some difficulty ( due to my sickness) to lift heavy object and thing like that... any idea for improving it too?
So if any of you have idea to improve my overall body condiation ( strenght, flexibility etc...) it would be grate!!!
Thx a lot!!!
Warax
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 am

Burn more calories than you consume.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby meditationsolution » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 am

Hi,

The universal answer is burn more calories than you take to loose weight. Iwould suggest you to practice meditation it would keep you mind and body fit to lead a peaceful and focused life.

Regards,
meditationsolution
Forum User

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan