Interesting experience...

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

Interesting experience...

Postby Ralteria » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:08 am

Often times I meditate right before I head to sleep at night (laying in bed). I generally practice leading the Qi with Yi until I find myself getting too sleepy and then stopping and passing out.

However, during this I find I can go pretty deep into meditation and sometimes when I'm focusing my Yi to differnt limbs, the limb will spontaneously move without me "moving it". The leg or arm will move extremely fast also, but not in an uncontrolled fashion (generally in the direction my Yi is leading it). Has anyone else had experiences like this?
Ralteria
Forum Addict

Postby lilman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 am

Ralteria, EVERYONE experiences things such as these. shaking and some involuntary movement is signs of progress, your openning chan. You should not focus on those feelings or they will fade away. Theres actually a type of Qigong called spontaneous Qigong, where you just let the Qi in and let it control your body. people gently shake, arms float up, people stand from sitting positions, etc.
lilman
Forum Guru

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan