We are in the globe.

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

We are in the globe.

Postby kame » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:46 am

kame
Forum Regular

article

Postby dc » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:12 pm

yeah, i saw that. inSANE. walter, go!

it's also posted up on Jiayo.com in one of the threads.
dc
Forum Guru

Postby BaguaMonk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Im kind of interested about that 10 year program. I'm just wondering, it said 9 months out of 12, would those people still be able to go to college/school during training? Would it be truly isolated, or would there still be contact with outside world?
"Absolute truth is obtained when the mind achieves complete stillness, the ego and thought are like shackles and chains, blinding you from the obvious truth"
BaguaMonk
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby scramasax57 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:06 pm

it would completely exclude any outside commitments. any. it is also almost certainly limited to master yang's own students, people that have trained with him for a while that he knows personally.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby Hephaestus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:11 pm

I nearly cried reading that article. For one, that he would be willing to dedicate 10 years of his life exclusively to teaching others. And two, that I have no hope of being a part of it. He'll only be accepting students aged 17-20, and I'm 18 with educational plans from which I dare not deviate, not to mention a wife who will need my support through her career training (7-8 years of it).
So cool, so depressing. Such is life.
~H
Hephaestus
Forum Contributor

article

Postby dc » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 pm

just use the article as motivation to train harder...its a great opportunity, but its a great opportunity among other great opportunities. education is nothing to scoff at.
dc
Forum Guru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu