Lian Bu Quan (lien bu chuan)

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Lian Bu Quan (lien bu chuan)

Postby Dvivid » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 am

(Six Unifications Sequence)

Lien Bu Chuan is the first and most popular Shaolin Long Fist sequence. What questions do you have about this form? What is your experience with Lien bu chuan?
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:06 am

Six unifications? Thought was continuous stepping sequence/fist :?

I've always felt it was hard to be continuous tho. I have hard times making it flow between the blocks and the strikes. Some advanced sequences are easier to perform imo...
LBQ has interesting technics though, which are pleasant to do and apply.

One move that has always puzzled me is towards the end of the sequence. Just before going backwards, when you give the heel kick, there's a weird circular move with the arms, one blocking up and one seemingly hooking down. 'always felt i was losing time going around one arm with the other... and no explanations i got from my former teacher was satisfactory...
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby kippo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I think our left arms block and hook. Our right hand try to strike at the head or the neck but the opponent lowers his head. We then come back with our right elbow to strike.

One thing I would love to see on YMAA website is a place to put all of our applications on different sequences. Sequences are rather uniform between school but applications are sometimes more difficult to find.

Anyway, I hope that i made myself clear as it is very difficult to write movements. I'd rather love to show them.
"The things you own ends up owning you"
-Tyler Durden-
kippo
Forum Regular

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu