Martial Morality, Wu De

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Re: Martial Morality, Wu De

Postby wpgtaiji » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:24 pm

sub_human wrote:Who is "We" ..?

Sorry, i meant WE, not We or we. I know english is confusing.

But you are correct. Using WE implies that I was a part of the discussion, which i clearly was not.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby sub_human » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 am

wpgtaiji wrote:
sub_human wrote:Who is "We" ..?

Sorry, i meant WE, not We or we. I know english is confusing.

But you are correct. Using WE implies that I was a part of the discussion, which i clearly was not.

So you insult us, more?

The reason I ask, is that your previous statement is insulting... by including "we" in ur sentence:
"Maybe we are focusing alittle too much on the white pajamas and not focusing on what is important: doing the art."

But then to claim, everyone else on this board is focusing too much, except you... as you are clearly implying, that you are not part of the conversation... not part of the "we"..?

I cannot have you constantly speaking for myself, or others...
The correct focus of your words, are YOU. So your statement should read:
"Maybe I am focusing alittle too much on the white pajamas and not focusing on what is important: doing the art."

As you speak for yourself... none other.
sub_human
Forum Contributor

Postby wpgtaiji » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

sub_human wrote:So you insult us, more?

Interesting that you saw insulting.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Insulting is your specialty Gord, you have done little else here, that is a fact.

Sub_Human just calls it like it is.

I've also followed you in other groups you post in, 99% of your posts are spent insulting other people and styles with your fellows in those groups. Since they are private forums I won't repeat or repost any of it, but clearly Wu De is not something you practice or were ever taught.

To quote the most accurate thing you ever wrote here:
We are supposed to do the martial art to make the rest of our lives better. In other words, to live more relaxed, open, caring, etc. If your art doesnt do this for you, it isnt a good art.

Amen.
Gord Hill, your example speaks for itself.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby pete5770 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Josh Young wrote:Insulting is your specialty Gord, you have done little else here, that is a fact.

Sub_Human just calls it like it is.

I've also followed you in other groups you post in, 99% of your posts are spent insulting other people and styles with your fellows in those groups. Since they are private forums I won't repeat or repost any of it, but clearly Wu De is not something you practice or were ever taught.

To quote the most accurate thing you ever wrote here:
We are supposed to do the martial art to make the rest of our lives better. In other words, to live more relaxed, open, caring, etc. If your art doesnt do this for you, it isnt a good art.

Amen.
Gord Hill, your example speaks for itself.

Boys, boys, boys. If you don't stop fighting I'll send you to your rooms. Then you just wait until your father gets home.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:20 pm

There is no fight Dennis.
Only the truth.

Who can fight against that?
(other than those who lack wisdom)
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby wpgtaiji » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm

It is interesting in that my comment was meant in general, and not specific. If one takes a general comment specifically, then they deserve to be insulted, as that is what is in their heart.

Josh Young wrote:Insulting is your specialty Gord, you have done little else here, that is a fact.

Josh, there is no absolute truth! There is what you see to be the truth and then there is what I see to be the truth, what Dennis sees, etc, but not one of us has THE TRUTH!

Josh, if things seem to you as insulting, maybe you have to look back in time and ask yourself some questions. Ah forget it! That is like asking a tree to get up and move on its own power! Mate, you think you understand taiji and that is wonderful. But that is about all you understand. And the sad part is, you have no hope of understanding what I mean. The "truth" that you see is blinded by your "understanding", which is, in your words, perfect. it isnt.

It must be sad to have the ONLY thing in your life be martial arts, and yet, not get the simple things in life, the important things in life.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 am

It must be sad to have the ONLY thing in your life be martial arts, and yet, not get the simple things in life, the important things in life.

Gord, you really don't know ANYTHING about me.

And the sad part is, you have no hope of understanding what I mean.

All you:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7528

There isn't any need to read between the lines, almost all you do here is insult.
It is also almost all you do in other groups you are in.

It is even debatable that you practice martial arts at all.
I personally do not think you do.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby pete5770 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 am

wpgtaiji wrote:Josh, there is no absolute truth! There is what you see to be the truth and then there is what I see to be the truth, what Dennis sees, etc, but not one of us has THE TRUTH!

Very well put. I'm reminded of two things the late, great Moe Howard said that I'll never forget.
"I'll gouge your eyes out you numbskull." and
"Only fools are positive."

As for the ultimate truth I myself find that "The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets." to be as close to the truth as it gets.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby wpgtaiji » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Josh Young wrote:

Gord, you really don't know ANYTHING about me.

And the sad part is, you have no hope of understanding what I mean.

Josh, i actually thought, way back when i first came to this forum, that you would be interesting to discuss with. Then stuff occured that clearly illustrated that, not only is the martial arts your obsession, but that you severely lack any sort of understanding of social interaction. You remind me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. I really do love that character, and, like I said, I wanted to like you, but you make things impossible.

What do I mean?

Do you think taking all that time to go through all the posts I have done and copy and paste "quotes" is a "rational" thing for a "normal" person to do? What would be the reason? Even assuming that it would be OK to contact me outside the forum when there was nothing positive between us to justify such an idea is considered, in some locales, stalking. Even the sharing of private information that you have done on this forum, without my permission, could be considered liable in some sense. Josh, I dont know you, and honestly, at this point, i have no interest in that idea, but I do know that you enjoy hiding behind the computer screen where you can craft your "perfect" response just the way you think you want it. Personally, I dont edit, unless i have run on a lot (which some would say that is most of the time).

Josh, I have no doubt about your passion for what you do. No doubt that your way is the right way for you. The problem is, THIS IS A FORUM! Things are typed out with no context possible. In reality, I am a joker, and many jibs, on a forum, can be taken in different ways.

And again, Josh, you have made a personal issue out of a comment on the state of martial arts that is MY OPINION! It wasnt targeted and anyone in this group, but on the entire industry who would rather hide behind rankings and lineage instead of looking at what works for them and why it works for them.

It is appropriate that you have chosen a morality thread to throw mud. It shows that what you see in me is also in you. In fact, what we dont like in others is a direct reflection of what we loath about ourselves. I wonder what that says...

As to the quote thread, dude, get a life!
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:05 pm

How very annoying that this conversation is taking place on my Martial Morality thread. Please read that original post agin and consider taking your negativity elsewhere.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Previous

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu