Iron Shirt Training

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Iron Shirt Training

Postby John the Monkey mind » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 am

I have over the last few months been practising the Hard Qigong from Dr Yang's crane book. I started this as I found although I had good timing and speed and knew a load lot moves I become unstuck due to a lack of Gong. I have found that encountering someone with good Gong my skill seemed silly. Many had trained in Karate before taking up kung fu and so had a firm base (some karate schools are still very good at foundations in the UK). I have enjoyed considerable improvements in my kung fu since.

I have however realise that almost by chance I have come to be practising the foundations of Iron Shirt (Shaolin). I have made reasonable progress in Iron Board Bridge Gong (I take it very slowly) and as Dr Yang states once this is completed I will have a firm foundation in Iron Shirt training. I should manage this in about a year or so more as progress has been good so far.
I also train the other Hard Qigong from the book and the 3 wars set from Tiger Crane combination as well as a lot of push ups.

What I would like to ask is advice on other training to supplement this and advice on the next stage I have read a bit on the subject by Wong Kiew Kit and Mantak Chia. I know Wing Lam has a DVD and he is highly respected.

Also what results can I expect to achieve and in what time frame? Has anyone got a cool Iron Shirt story?

I really am not interested in bending spears on my throat or other tricks. lol

:)
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu