YMAA shaolin gong fu syllabus

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

YMAA shaolin gong fu syllabus

Postby John the Monkey mind » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 am

Hi

At YMAA classes are Long Fist and White Crane practised together or can you after you have passed the fundamentals just focus on one style?

I ask because I am trying to find a instructor of traditional White Crane in the UK and Dr Yang's Crane is fantastic. My problem is due to work I tend to move every few years so have to focus my training on what I really want to gain. I am currently living in Warsaw Poland but will be in the UK again in the summer.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 am

White Crane and Long Fist are trained together. There are MANY YMAA schools in both Poland and the UK.

http://www.ymaa.com/training/schools
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby John the Monkey mind » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks for that.

My problem with the Polish schools is my Polish is very poor and the Warsaw web sit is hard to navigate. Group in London looks good but wont be living in London for a wile yet as am applying for uni in Southampton. Hoping to attend seminars though. :D
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Yatish Parmar » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:59 am

The Polish guys in YMAA speak pretty good english. If you have the chance to train with Robert Was in Poland, don't pass it up.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby John the Monkey mind » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Went to the YMAA Warsaw Taiji class and was very impressed by high standards, my first time at a YMAA school helpfully not my last. :D

Still don't know if they do kung fu to, will ask next week.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu