Fundemental Training

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Fundemental Training

Postby vamos » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm

My personal situation means i will not begin to train white crane till end of 2009.However i do a fair amount of qi gong and have decided that i will train only FUNDEMENTAL TRAINING on rooting and torso/abs etc for at least 3 months maybe 6.(i can be patient)before even starting any forms.

Anyone have any views on the above? :?:
vamos
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:55 am

Sounds good, but you should also incorporate this:
http://www.ymaa.com/publishing/dvd/qigong_DVD/shaolin_white_crane_qigong_DVD

"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:13 am

I guess you need the book aswell to now more about the theory and how to practice...
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby vamos » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:24 pm

yes,i have the white crane qi gong book.i understand i need to regulate my emotional mind before anything else.to me qigong is the pre requisite to any training..mind,breath body.then small circ.then tai chi,white crane.better to learn basics like horse riding stance with root etc.after that i can go on to anything else.by the way regulating my emotional mind is painful and a bit scary at times.i plan to write my own book one day. .am practising 5 animals/sounds and 8 peices at moment.when my body gets to yang my gut feels pain if i practise which is very handy!!.no days are exactly the same.can train more when semen(in body) is +1 day,then more+2 etc.
has anyone had the feeling that they know alot which to someone who doesnt practise we do i guess but.also had the feeling im scratching the surface.
by the way on chris crudelli mind,body kam i can decipher in theory most of what he doing but i wouldnt be able to do it.sound familiar?
vamos
Forum Contributor

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu