<Shi Xing Ming > Chan Wu Gong Fu School

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

<Shi Xing Ming > Chan Wu Gong Fu School

Postby chanwugongfu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:12 am

Shaolin Gong Fu’s main difference to most other martial arts is that is has Chan Buddhism at its heart. Its strength, hardness and speed on the outside are filled with softness and compassion in the heart. The aim is not to learn how to fight, but to learn how not to fight. One has to battle oneself, learning how settle the raging within the human mind. Through balanced and proper training it is not only the body that grows strong, but also the spirit at the same time. To truly understand Shaolin Gong Fu one must step beyond the physical and beyond just performing a set of movements.

Some of the actual movements or forms of Shaolin Gong Fu are based on animals, such as Wu Xing Quan (5 Animals), Qi Xing Quan (7 Animals), Gou Quan (Dog Fist), Ying Quan (Eagle Fist), Hei Hu Quan (Black Tiger Fist) to name a few.

Other forms include Shaolin Quan (Shaolin Fist), Old Shaolin Nan Quan (Southern Shaolin Fist), Lohan Quan (Lohan Fist), Chang Quan, Tong Bei Quan, Shao Hong Quan (Little Red Fist), Da Hong Quan (Big Red Fist), Lian Huan Quan, Gongfu Quan and Jin Gang Quan (Diamond Fist).

Shaolin Weapons include some of the following: Shaolin Guen (Staff), Dao (Broadsword), Bien (Whip Chain), Jian (Straight Sword), Qiang (Spear), Mu Yang Bien (Bullwhip), San Jie Guen (3 Section Staff), Shang Gou (Tiger Hook Sword), Pu Dao (Horse Knife).
I have reduced my fees for training by half as my contribution
towards helping others who wish to train. With the olympics here
now ready to begin many people will have the chance and opportunity
to see shaolin gongfu.
chanwugongfu
Forum Newbie

shao lin monk shi xing ming

Postby chanwugongfu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 am

Shi Xing Ming, with secular name Wang Xin Peng, was born in 1975 in ancestral family home located in Dengeng, Henan Province, China. The family home and Academy is located at the base of The 9 Lotus Flower Mountain, called the Jiu Lian Hua Shan in Chinese.

In 1983 Master Wang entered Shaolin Temple under his Uncle Shi De Qian and was given the Shaolin Name name Shi Xing Ming. He began to learn the secrets and traditions of the Shaolin Temple that are handed down through generations of Shaolin Wuseng (monks), including Acupuncture, Herbal Remedies, Internal and External Qi Gong as well as Chin Na.

Shi Su Xi was the main overseeor of the Temple activities at the time when Master Wang started his training. He taught Master Wang Shaolin Quan (forms) and Shaolin Weapons. When Shi Su Xi’s and Shi De Qian’s teaching time became limited by their involvement in the Temple duties, Master Wang would train with Shi Xing Qian.

In 1994 some of the Wuseng from the Shaolin Temple were selected to go to the Southern Shaolin Temple in Fujian to teach. Master Wang stayed at the Fujian Temple for two years teaching Northern Shaolin Gong Fu and learning Southern Shaolin Gong Fu.
Master Wang then went north to Anhui and taught for an additional two years before going to Northern Jilin Province for three years to teach foreign students. Master Wang has taught over 600 foreign students from many different countries during the past years and is now teaching foreign students in his ancestral home near Dengfeng.

Weapons, Hand Forms, Sanda-Fighting arts and Iron Body skills, are a
part of our daily training program, which is designed to teach
discipline and offers the opportunity to learn and understand your
inner-self through intense physical conditioning under traditional
Chinese surroundings.
Cost per day is 50 yuan which includes a shared room, 3 meals per day
and your daily training. No minimum stay required.

Chan Wu Gong Fu Academy
www.chanwugongfu.com
Handset :15097776812
I have reduced my fees for training by half as my contribution
towards helping others who wish to train. With the olympics here
now ready to begin many people will have the chance and opportunity
to see shaolin gongfu.
chanwugongfu
Forum Newbie

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu