Ask Grandmaster Li-Mao Ching Questions

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Ask Grandmaster Li-Mao Ching Questions

Postby trimax » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:35 pm

A small crew will be traveling with Dr. Yang to Taiwan next 2 weeks, and we would like to invite the whole YMAA community, friends and visitors to submit questions they would like to ask Grandmaster Li-Mao Ching.

The best questions will be selected and presented to Grandmaster Li and his replies will be video recorded.

Feel free to submit questions and thank you.
trimax
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:26 pm

woh! so kool!! very good idea!

I'd like to know if he knows anything about the history of Xiao Hu Yan. Master Yang doesn't but maybe Master Li does.

I'm also curious about the reason for a difference in a saber move. The part where we swing the saber all around (after the tornado kick in qi xing dao and bagua dao). In Poland, Master Li seemed to do it small whereas Master Yang did it large. So I'm wondering about the meaning of this move and its application.

Could we have the translation of Master Li's 6 routines he showed in Poland and gave to Pedro? also if there is an order to perform them and the goal of each of them?

That's it for now. I'll edit or repost if anything else comes to my mind.

Thanks!
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby trimax » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks for the post. They are interesting questions indeed.
trimax
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:33 pm

well I've just thought of something else: to ask Master Li about the history of each forms.

I've just read something about "mai fu quan" and it would appear that yi lu and er lu mai fu come from a style of their own. And there'd be a form called "wu lu mai fu". (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/a ... 25255.html)

I'm thinking about kung fu knowledge legacy. I'm sure it would be interesting if we could have more than the summaries there are in the training curiculuum book.

I'm not hoping for the moon though, but still :P

When is Master Yang going?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby trimax » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Last week of December.
trimax
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:17 pm

so was anything brought back?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby trimax » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:41 pm

yeah, from the conversations that I had with Craig, there is a lot of footage of Grandmaster Li discussion martial theory and history. I can also only hope that a more detailed discussions of each form has been recorded - that will be definitely a very precious document! I will talk to Craig to see if he can post a small summary of the interview with Grandmaster Li... without giving up all the interesting stuff reserved for his documentary movie.
trimax
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 pm

kewl 8) :D
who's Craig?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby trimax » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Craig is the person guy that is filming the trilogy documentary of the 10 year program.
trimax
Admin

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu