Question: Jamie Scuffell

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Question: Jamie Scuffell

Postby calling crane » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:59 pm

Does anybody have any information concerning Mr. Jamie Scuffell (Lu Lu Ke) of Townsville QLD (Australia). He claims to be an inheritor of Flying Crane and to claims to be a lineage holder of the Shen Zhao Pai Fujian White Crane (Feihequan = Flying Crane) under a Master Lui Hong Shen (1923 -2002). He also claims to teach Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Tai Zhu and Northern and Southern Wushu.

He now claims to teach "Shaking Crane" as part of his “Shen Jao Pai Athletic Association”.

One "Grandmaster Leeroy W. Epperson III" states that Jamie Scuffell was a member of his World Combat Arts Federation but cannot supply his certification as same were destroyed in a computer crash two years ago. One “Grandmaster Edgar Livingston” states that Scuffell learnt via video!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
A seeker, a researcher, a person
calling crane
Forum Newbie

Postby yat_chum » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Ron, you have posted this question before. Can you tell me about your training under Ruan Dong

I read this on Eric Ling's Weblog
http://eric88ling.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/ruan-dong/

"Ruan Dong.

Back in Kuching with Russ and his wife, Nicole, and the idea is to show them around – not only the normal touristy sites but also visit some of the local masters here for more kung fu ….Russ is a man on a “mission”….

In fact, he extended his stay out of his own pockets and the other day in Penang, he even got involved when I did extra interview sessions with Master Ruan Dong and Ku Choy Wah.

For those not in the know, Ruan is the “officially” the main “MingHe” or “Whopping Crane” spokesperson of mainland China.

The man behind all the books and articles published on the subject, Ruan was in Singapore many years ago to reconnect with “Whooping Crane” families spread all over this part of the world. During one of my tea sessions with him in Penang, he spoke about visiting Sarawak.

Besides Singapore, Sarawak is plausibly the next biggest home of Fuzhou Crane boxing systems that left China during the “cultural revolution” era and Master Ruan is hoping to find some of his peers over here.

He also related his childhood training days with my Sibak, Wong Xin Xian and his relationship with my late teacher, Sia Mok Tai.

Beginning with some 10 forms, these days they are left with only 4 that are effectively still practiced on the mainland.

And when Russ asked him about training equipments, he described some very interesting methodologies that were passed on to him.

Personally, the saddest thing to come out of the interview is his confirmation that none of the so called Whooping Crane teachers linked to him had more than a month’s training; some have not even met him in person!

His student, Lin Jian who was travelling with him, told us about the “cleaning-up” process that he is starting to check the situation.

My TaiZu teacher, Ah Teck, is visiting Fukien again next year, and if things go according to plan, Russ & I might be having tea with this senior master in his house then ……

I will be posting more extracts from the interview later."
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Dvivid » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:13 am

Sorry for my offensive truthfulness. I can't help it, but...

Is it me, or do names like "Grandmaster Fred" or "Sifu Harry Jones" sound terribly artificial?

I do respect and recognize the accomplishments of some of these teachers and their traditional rank in a Chinese system, but it seems that lots of these Grandmasters and Sifus are self-appointed masters? 30 or 40 year old super overlords of kungfu? Inheritors of a lineage that can't be traced because their dog ate their master, or somesuch?

My apologies in advance.

2¢ from a beginner...
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Walter Wong » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:13 pm

Real masters don't even call themselves Master or Grandmaster. They may respond to you if you call them Master but they never address themselves as Master in verbal or written form.

In my opinion I find there is no true mastery as what you train can never cease to get better.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby DOM » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:57 pm

Walter my friend how are you ? Sounds like you have experienced a moment of Satori ! Still drawing and cutting your way to enlightenment ? Sure sounds like it . Keep in touch . Feel free to contact me anytime to talk or disscuss Budo and Gung fu .
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Thank you Supreme Ultimate Iron GreatGrandFatherMaster Sifu-tastic Walter!
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:15 am

Shen Zhao Pai

San Zhan Quan (Three battle fist)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HqhsZDL4Q7o

Wu-Xing Shou (Basic five element hands)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk72vjp-u_o

Basic application
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LDprDoZqq6M
yijing zhidong