Mastering sequences/forms

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Re: Mastering sequences/forms

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:34 am

Yue wrote:Any advice?

Morality is more important than Martial Arts, but Public Morality is more important than Morality.
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Walter Wong » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:38 pm

After 12 years I still find Lien Bu Chuan interesting. There is alot of depth and breath I find in the form as I continue to practice it. I haven't counted how many times I practiced it but I'm very sure I passed the 1,000 mark.

The general guidelines is 300 times before learning the next form. 1,000 times to have it become natural and instintive. That was how it was in the days when Master Yang was learning Long Fist.

Even though I know and practice other forms, I still return to Lien Bu Chuan.

If it is any help to anyone, I do provide private lessons in Long Fist if you cannot make it to a seminar with Master Yang. I have been under Master Yang's supervision and guidance here in Boston, MA for the past 12 years and has qualified me to teach YMAA material. Contact me at [email protected] and put Kung Fu in the subject title if you're interested and we can make arrangements.

Regards,
Walter Wong
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Previous

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu