New student; HQ or Andover school?

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

New student; HQ or Andover school?

Postby Bithabus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:14 am

Greetings everyone. I am looking to enroll in a YMAA school, and I need a bit of advice. Between the schools in Boston and Andover, which do you think would suit the needs of a beginner student? Also, I heard that Master Yang is no longer teaching at the Boston HQ. Which of these schools will in the future have the more qualified instructor?

Thank you very much.
Bithabus
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 am

Hi, actually, right now Master Yang teaches MANY of the classes each week at headquarters and it is an ideal time to attend classes there.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Bithabus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks.

I looked at the schedule on the YMAA website. Are the classes arranged according to experience level, or do all students take the same class? The website only lists various times.
Bithabus
Forum Newbie

Postby Inga » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi Bithabus,

The classes at Andover are taught by a student of Master Yang, Mr. Chris Fazzio, he is an Assistant Instructor of Kung Fu and he has been training for over 18 years. The adult classes are in the evenings, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights from 7.15 - 8.30. The classes are mixed ability and gender. If you have any questions at all about the Andover programme please call Alex Kiesel (also a student of Master Yang) who owes and runs the school at 978 475 2020. Regards, Inga
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby joeblast » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:02 am

I wish I werent 2 hours from boston...does ymaa have any other affiliates of sorts in central CT? I'm more concerned about my 13 year old son rather than myself, I want to get him into some martial art but I dont want him going to a mcdojo that has all trophies in their front window. seemingly every one around here does, and I havent really formulated what I'd ask a prospective master were I to go around looking...
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu