What will become of HQ after Dr.Yang Leaves to California?

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby George L. Dominguez » Tue May 01, 2007 2:48 pm

George L. Dominguez
Just Arrived

Postby BUDGIE » Wed May 09, 2007 6:47 pm

That's a great question and one I am sure Dr. Yang will answer when he is sure himself. Circumstances change all the time and each time a see him (not since his March Seminar in "my Ireland";-) ) he has different plans.

It would be great if somebody could keep it going, it's been a beacon of light for all of us YMAA students for such a long time. I can't see myself arranging an annual (and definitely not a bi-annual) pilgrimage to California the same way as I have to Boston for the past number of years.

If any body has heard the latest plans for HQ, please let us know.

BTW, I hope all is well with you George!

Take care,

Paul Moran YMAA Ireland
BUDGIE
Forum Contributor

Postby David Grantham » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 am

George,
Is it really you? :D
I do not know what is in store for HQ. :( . I hope someone continues to keep it running as well, however as Master Yang has said, the cost alone of keeping the building going is a big financial burden for someone to take it over.
Master Yang addresses the topic of YMAA somewhat on the last video interview but not specifically about HQ.
Hope all is well with you . Miss ya dude :) !

Dave G.
See the world and seek the truth!
Never say I cant, always believe I will.
David Grantham
Forum Addict

Postby darth_freak » Thu May 24, 2007 2:18 am

I've heard Nicky's going to take over the martial part and Kathy's going to run the financial aspects. So I guess Nicky's gonna take care of the HQ.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Eagleclaw » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:56 am

Similarly, our Sifu, Jeff Bolt is gone to Singapore for a year and in the interim our people have scattered, with three opening their own schools in Houston. I have studied with Sifu for 9 years, and have 20 more years with Sigung Leung Shum and Sigung Ricky Anderson. Kevin Boy, an assistant instructor in YMAA, a fellow classmate Gary Readore, and I hope to open a school here soon and teach. After 29 years of training, it is time. However, Kevin, and a Ying Jow classmate of mine in NYC attend Dr. Yang's seminars up there all the time. We truly miss Dr. Yang's visits as I learned my tai chi saber from him during a seminar, improved my two person tai chi set, and had much fun (great soreness) being the dummy for him in chin na and white crane.

I wish him great success in California and hope he can succeed! If I were much younger and less hurt to the bones...LOL...I would apply myself! Please forward our great wishes of success to our Sigung from his admirers and his senior student's students in Houston!
Eagleclaw
Just Arrived

Postby qwackdragon » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I was there for the june chin na seminar and was told that the building would be sold sometime after the move. hope someone with YMAA will buy it and continue the school.
life is a qumquat
qwackdragon
Forum Contributor

Postby trimax » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:55 pm

YMAA Boston will remain under the leadership of Nicholas Yang, Dr. Yang's youngest son.
trimax
Admin

Postby qwackdragon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks for the update Tony..

I hope the boston school remains a success. have you heard if Dr Yang will still be having any summer seminars there?.
life is a qumquat
qwackdragon
Forum Contributor

Postby darth_freak » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:19 pm

there'll be winter seminars. summer seminars will be in California
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:02 am

Summer seminars offered in both CA and Boston, Winter seminars in Bostton.

See details here:

http://www.ymaa.com/seminars/year_2008

and watch here weekly for updates:
http://www.ymaa.com/news_events
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:01 pm

he asked if Master Yang will give summer seminars in Boston. He won't. It'll be with Nicky.
Man what a pressure on him!
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu