Difference between old and new Analysis of Chin Na Book ?

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Difference between old and new Analysis of Chin Na Book ?

Postby melip » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:05 am

Hi, i'am new here, a friend of mine introduced me to Chin Na as i begin to learn Wing Chun, he show me his book Analysis of Chin Na by Yang Jwing-Ming and i was very impressed so i ordered it, it's a second edition i received, i find lot of new stuff on new edition but seem some missing information (if i understand it right) from first edition to second edition

For example about the Finger Chin Na, control the dragon head page 100 of new edition and page 67 on old (French) edition in old edition he show if opponent use his left hand to grab my hand, the result make thumb of opponent below like this

And if opponent use his right hand to grab me, result make his thumb go above like this

But in the second edition of the book he show and explain only if opponent use his left hand to grab me, is it normal ? :roll:

I just check on his VHS he show for both right and left opponent

Thank's
melip
Just Arrived

Postby Dvivid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi,

There are some small changes between the two books, such as only showing one side. But of course, the technique applies the same for the other side in such a case.

There are also some large changes between the two books, because they were made 20 years apart, and over that time, Dr. Yang refined the techniques based on hsi experience, to make them as effective and practical as possible. Hence, the second edition.

Also, technique numbers are different between the two.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu