adrenline effects on small motor coordination.

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

adrenline effects on small motor coordination.

Postby jfraser » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:10 pm

I have seen films of Wing Tsun and Choi Lay Fut fighters fighting on a roof top in Hong Kong, and it seems as if when the [b]adreniline rushes [/b]into their systems, all the kung fu training evaporates. Then we have a roof top brawl, with nothing resembling years of either systems training showing itself in the fighters Just flying roundhouse punches and a tackle. All the lap sou, pak sou , etc, fell apart in these circustances.

What about he adreniline factor with inticate techniques that requrie small motor coordiniation? My understanding is the small motor coordination all but disappears, and there are only gross movement availble with an adreniline rush.

What do you think and what is your experience?

James :?: :)
jfraser
Forum Guru

Postby DOM » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:22 am

This is why one must spar often,and every once in a wile realy take it to a level that simulates and boarders on being a real fight.That is if your intention is to learn a martial art for self defence.One has to lean to control there emotions and edrenilin.It is the fight or flight reflex that has to be controled.It is a primitive responce that goes all the way back to the most primitive times,when we had to avoid being eaten.Most of use never incounter situations that put use in this mode so when it kicks in we go it to a self preservarance responce and for get every thing you have learned.To realy learn how to use the tecknigues in any martial art you have to be put in situations that cause this responce over and over again so you can learn to deal with and control your actions when in it. .This is the only reason I use to compet in tornaments.The only problem with this now adays is that most of them are a joke and do not simulate a real fight and give those invovled a false sence of sucurity.This is the reason why MMA is dominating the martial arts market.They train for real and then test it in a match that is as real as you can get but still being in a controlled inviorment.This is the maine reason why you here stories about black belts and other highly trained martial arts getting muged or beat up in a real fight by a untrained person.These peaple are usualy grow up and are put in situations over and over that puts them in this mode.Thuse allowing them to over come some one that is not use to being is these situations no matter how many teckniques they know. .
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby gmc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:32 am

What's up Dom? Hey man we gotta get back to training the BFS. Great answer, good points. The Taiji master TT Liang used to say: "you have to lose to win". I think many people are afraid to lose. Afraid to lose face. Afraid to lose their reputation, etc. Many pratitioners and even instructors do not want to let people know that their fighting abilities are not very good. I wonder, isn't that kidding oneself?
gmc
Forum Regular

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu