Emei Connection: Wing Chun and the Snake Signature by Jim Ro

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Emei Connection: Wing Chun and the Snake Signature by Jim Ro

Postby yat_chum » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Emei Connection: Wing Chun and the Snake Signature by Jim Roselando

http://www.wingchunkuen.com/modules.php ... le&sid=107
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby DOM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:03 am

very interesting,I studied wingchun for about three years with some one I know concider a real clown.I left this guy in for many reasons, and none had to do with what I thought of the material.Well in my travels of seeking another instuctor.I came across a man named Sifu John May.I thought I had a good idea of what wing chun was about, intill I met this man.The first thing he did was correct my stance posture and silum dao form.It was hear that I realize what I was tought previously was very very shallow.The corrections he made had to do with proper angles, postions and intention within the form.I never consider the form to be an internal exercice.But what this man was teaching me was a very deep internal exercise.It was here I realized I had no idea what I was doing and that I had wasted three years learning nothing about wing chun.My situation did not allow me to countinue training with him for very long,but I walked away with a whole new out look and appreciation for the art.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu