White Crane

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

White Crane

Postby DOM » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:39 am

The past Crane Seminar I got a chane to practice with a few advanced students which made for a great seminar and learning exsperiance.But over all it was very small and Master yang seemed very dissapointed.If the winter seminar dose not have a lot more participants,the Crane seminars will be cancelled.This will make it exstremly diffucult for my self and many others who have been perticipating to continue learning any more of White Crane.IMO it will hurt the style as a whole.If he dose cancle them it will be next to impossable for any one else to ever learn this style of White crane.One that Master Yang obviously holds very dear to his heart.I thought that at least he would still do seminars in California but he said if every thing works out the training there will only be for those that have been chosen to train for the 10 years.The facility can not house any more then that.So the only way to learn from Dr. Yang will be for some one to host a seminar some were hire him for privates or go to the summer camps.That are always out of the U.S.A.It will be great to have a lot of knew peaple attending the seminars for Master Yangs sake and the future of the style.But the future of the style also depends on those who already train and have exsperiance in Crane.We all need to make an effort to get to gether at least once a year and help push each other to a more advanced and deeper level.I know there are many others from around the world that have concedeable knowlage and exsperiance in Crane.And I know it must be diffucult for those to alway come to the U.S.A. to train.But there must be more that are local.Where are you?I see very few attend from Head Querters or the Andover branch.Why is this? Is ther no one else there that trains White Crane from there.I am not trying to put the blame on the poor attendance on those from Boston at all,I just do not understand why so few students from their attend besides those who come to instruct.I know it is costly to attend a school and go to seminars but I do feel that if those who train and learn White Crane from Master Yang should stick together like family.We should all make an effort to get together at least once a year.To perserve and futher advance the style by helping and pushing each other to advance and attain deeper levels.Please do not misunderstand what I am saying.I am not trying to single any one or any school out,just trying to stimulat those who already train White Crane to attend the seminars and help each other get better.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby white dragon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:27 am

I've only been training for a few years, and haven't yet really started training white crane, so i hope it keeps getting passed down as i would love to learn it in the furture.
white dragon
Forum Regular

Postby benwarner73 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:59 am

Hi Dom

Try not to get too discouraged. If you can find someone to practice with, do so. This might help stimulate some more interest in the crane seminars. We can keep using the forum to generate conversation as well.

Remember, White Crane is a vast and complicated art form and can be intimidating. Despite being complex it is also bery beautiful, the more people see that the better the chance we can keep the seminars going.

Stay positive and keep training.
Ben Warner
benwarner73
Forum User

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu