Greetings YMAA school practitioners, a question about...

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Greetings YMAA school practitioners, a question about...

Postby thecrowrains » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:41 pm

I found your website and this interesting forum via the YMAA website. I reside in Alaska, and have had training in a school named Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, School of Tao Chi.

This school that I trained in has undergone some leadership changes over the years, and I'm unsure of its lineage. At least it was something to enjoy and partake in for approximately eight years. If anything, it instilled in me a desire to continue to study the Chinese art of Shaolin (either northern or southern).

Here is my question: Is Shaolin Gong Fu via the YMAA school lineage exemplified by the northern or southern techniques? both?

I wish there was an official branch of YMAA here in Alaska. Does anyone know of practitioners from YMAA planning on promoting in Alaska?

look forward to your replies,

kindly,
Eric Breiby
thecrowrains
Forum Regular

Re: Greetings YMAA school practitioners, a question about...

Postby Walter Wong » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:26 pm

thecrowrains wrote:Here is my question: Is Shaolin Gong Fu via the YMAA school lineage exemplified by the northern or southern techniques? both?

Hi Eric. Answer is "both".

For YMAA, our northern style is Long Fist and our southern style is White Crane.

For YMAA's Tai Chi, it's Yang Style.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu