best sword and broadsword for practice

Use this forum for general Martial Arts related discussion. Please stick strictly to Martial Arts and use the "General Chat" topic for other themes.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

best sword and broadsword for practice

Postby mikeyweitz » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 am

hi. i would like some recommendations on where to buy sword for practice. do people recommend plastic for practice sparring? then, one cheap one for travel and practice? and one nice one for doing forms? also, what are the best web sites to order from and which of their products to people like. at the moment, i have bought the Sword and Saber DVD's from here and am just starting out.
thanks
mikeyweitz
Just Arrived

Re: best sword and broadsword for practice

Postby Sanfung » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:23 pm

While I don't have any experience with a plastic sword, I personally elected to go with a wooden one. At higher levels of practice the Chi is, at least in the theory, supposed to be extended down the length of the blade. It's been hinted before here that a synthetic material might hinder this practice, though perhaps someone with more experience can correct me on that.

A while back Dvivid shared wle.com with me, which is where I acquired the waster that I use for practicing.

What do you currently use for practice if you don't mind me asking of course.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to General Martial Arts discussion