An explanation of my beliefs(and maybe yours)

Use this forum for general Martial Arts related discussion. Please stick strictly to Martial Arts and use the "General Chat" topic for other themes.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Re: An explanation of my beliefs(and maybe yours)

Postby joeblast » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 am

never read that one, but I do recall hearing about dr morris. I havent ever investigated his methods but some guys I know swear by 'em. I'm still not entirely sure how kundalini energy fits into the various paradigms, some utilize it, some dont. I was taught a particularly potent k exercise but...that one's sitting in the bottom of my toolbox for some later time.

even if you're only getting in a small amount of time, its efficiency can be greatly enhanced with the right certain few techniques, that's why I mention fixing the spirit at the seat of awareness often - that's one technique I didnt know about well enough back when I first made good strides with dr yang's foundational material.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby John the Monkey mind » Wed May 15, 2013 4:50 pm

that's why I mention fixing the spirit at the seat of awareness often - that's one technique I didnt know about well enough back when I first made good strides with dr yang's foundational material

Can you post a link to one of your in-depth discussions on that?
I am embarking on a comprehensive reading program on Qigong, yogic and mystic practices based on Dr Morris' reading list some of my own picks and Aleister Crowley's (I know a scary guy but with some interesting ideas and knowledge) A.'.A.'. foundation reading list(an eclectic list and luckily most/all(?) in the public domain as far as I can tell and easy to find online, I am looking to read through it to give me a view beyond the predominantly Chinese knowledge I currently have). I am doing this as a prelude to upping my practice intensity and time (that's if my TaiChi practices doesn't eat the time up first, or the long fist :? ). I am fired up on the idea of achieving a stronger mystical experience rather than the usual subtle things that can manifest wile doing martial Qigong and Taiji.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 pm

just saw this, john...I will respond more thoroughly later, but for now, a word from dr yang :D

The Mud Pill Palace (Ni Wan Gong, located at the center of the Spiritual Valley (Shen Gu, i. e. site of pineal and pituitary glands) is the spiritual Yin center and the residence of
the Shen. When the Shen is kept here, it can be focused and the mind can be calm and concentrated. When the Shen is led away from this center, then Qi will be manifested and Shen
turns into Yang.

note the gong in its context to the niwan ;)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Previous

Return to General Martial Arts discussion