Cung Le fighting in MMA event

Use this forum for general Martial Arts related discussion. Please stick strictly to Martial Arts and use the "General Chat" topic for other themes.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Cung Le fighting in MMA event

Postby Walter Wong » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:20 pm

This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:54 am

wow! that guy is fast AND precise! :shock:
the other guy should have given up. He knew he couldn't really break in the distance.

are knee kicks allowed in this kind of fighting?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby zipwolf » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:56 am

darth_freak wrote:wow! that guy is fast AND precise! :shock:
the other guy should have given up. He knew he couldn't really break in the distance.

are knee kicks allowed in this kind of fighting?

yup, knee kicks are definately allowed. Cung le has some of the best in standup today (including standup grappling), so i'm looking forward to his next fight!
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby scramasax57 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:38 am

it looked to me like cung le was definitely the one controlling the distance there, which means it would have been really hard to the other guy to enter the clinch, whereas cung le was content to just maintain striking distance and pummel him. i'd like to see cung le fight a really good groundfighter, but i suspect even then his distance skills would serve him well.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby zipwolf » Wed May 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Pfaaaah, people always say people are too old. We can look to people like the Maker of Grills, mr George Foreman, and of course the late starter Frank Shamrock, to know that age doesn't matter if you are already genetically lucky and a hard trainer.

Cung = both.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

*grins*

Postby Jucudeno » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:03 pm

Groundfighting is a precarious situation to get into. To tackle a man like Cung Le is no easy feat. You generally have to expose yourself a little to get the leverage you need to bring a man down. Unless you catch a kick or some such likeness, but Cung isn't easy to catch. If you step into his range, he will end your day. If you try to tackle him, you would see in Sanshou that a person comes in and bends their body down to tackle a person's waist. There is no better set-up for a knee in the world than a tackle. If they come at you with their guard arms grappling and their face at your waist...they're done. If Cung Le hits you with a knee to the face, you'll have a hard time getting back up.

Love and Peace,
-Benjamin
"Study is to study what cannot be studied. Undertaking means undertaking what cannot be undertaken. Philosophizing is to philosophize about what cannot be philosophized about. Knowing that knowing is unknowable is true perfection." - Chuang Tzu
Jucudeno
Forum Contributor

Return to General Martial Arts discussion