Urban Ninjas: An introduction to the art of Ninja-ing

Use this forum for general Martial Arts related discussion. Please stick strictly to Martial Arts and use the "General Chat" topic for other themes.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Urban Ninjas: An introduction to the art of Ninja-ing

Postby zipwolf » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:38 pm

This i really want to be an Article.

its meant to be fun, and not taken really seriously.

Read at your leisure, and do not get angry with me.

BEGIN!

If you have got this far, then you know the legends are true, Ninjas exist. And everything about them in the movies is true. They can fly, they can disappear at will, and they can do amazing physical feats beyond what you thought was possible from the human body. What you probably didn’t know is those Ninjas are all around you. Modern day Urban Ninjas.

I’m not referring to the Serious (or not so serious, depending on your point of view) art of Ninjutsu, or Ninpo or Nin-WHATEVER. I am referring to the ultimate art of Ninja-ing. The very secretive art partaken by a select few people. But most of those who practice Ninja-ing only practice an unfortunately diluted version of this few day old ancient art. Many of these Ninjas practice versions known as “Parkour”, and “Urban Exploration”, and some do “Stealthing”, some do mere “Gymnastics” or “tricking” and some do “martial arts”. However all of these things individually are nothing without the other parts of the art. All of these must be combined in a strict hobby to make the ultimate pastime of Ninja-ing.

The greatest masters of each schools shall once again come together, and coupled with myself, the Elusive idiot known only as Zipwolf, Ninja-ing shall once again be the revered sport and hobby that it never really was.

Prepare yourself, for the Super Powered Multi Classed Angels Of Death. The urban ninja shall rise.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby yat_chum » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:48 am

Parkour making the Matrix a reality, who needs the jump progam http://www.le-parkour.com/
Urban Ninjas COME ON.

Going on to stealth does anyone know how to move at speed through a wood in the dark with ground covered in dry leaves without crashing about like a club footed yak?

Does anyones training ever feel like this?
http://www.xl-recordings.com/broadcast/~voodoo/
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby scramasax57 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 pm

woods at night: it's hard to move quietly over dry leaves. i'd recommend try to move from bare patch to bare patch (they're there, you just have to look), fallen trees, rocks, fern patches, older or wet leaves that don't crunch as much, etc. oh and always pick your feet up high. i always laugh at people who aren't used to walking in new england woods, because the forests here are really thick with underbrush (not enough forest fires) and people trip all the time. lift those feet up!
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby yat_chum » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm

yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby green_thaddeus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:54 am

This is fun! My roommate and I got suits online, we terrorize the town by night! It's gonna snow soon though...what do ninjas do in the winter?
green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Postby yat_chum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby green_thaddeus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Did you get that picture from an old Dragon Lee film? I recently got a Bruce Lee movie, "Fists of Fury", and one of the other films in the package was with Dragon Lee and had a kick @ss old ninja in white...

Also, where does one aquire a white ninja suit? Guess I could just use a bunch of bleach etc, but have to be sure to wash it out good so you don't stink.
green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Postby yat_chum » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:38 am

The picture came from http://bewareofninja.wordpress.com/ I found it using an image search. I think that you can get Ninja suits in various colours in Japan. I used to own a Ninjitsu book with Ninjas dressed in Black, White in the snow and camouflage suits in the woods. Are you thinking of getting a suit?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cdzo9BxL05I
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby green_thaddeus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:51 pm

I have a black one, but living in minnesota i'll need the white soon, winter's a comin!
green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Postby green_thaddeus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:53 pm

http://www.tsamartialarts.com/acatalog/Ninja_Uniforms_And_Suits.html#a170

Found this site like one minute after posting that last message. Problems solved. Where there is one, there are many.
green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Postby green_thaddeus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:18 am

green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:57 am

A tie-dye ninja would be kind of awesome.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby green_thaddeus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:40 am

Just had to get this thread going again, because I love urban ninjas! I know it's winter now, but I was thinking of training really hard all winter, then becomming a vigilante ninja this summer, run around the capitol at night and mug the muggers. Kind of like batman, but sexier because i wont wear a cape. What do you think? obviously I'd have to be careful, (kung fu can't block a bullet!) but we should totally start a ring of urban vigilante ninjas, take the world by storm!
green_thaddeus
Forum Contributor

Return to General Martial Arts discussion