White Crane Winter Seminar

Seminars are a very important part of the YMAA studies. A chance for students all over the world to learn directly from Dr. Yang. Share your thoughts about your Seminar experiences here.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

White Crane Winter Seminar

Postby DOM » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:00 am

so who is going this year?
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Seth » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:59 pm

I'll be there.
Hopefully another from Andover branch as well. Does Master Yang teach the white crane seminars in Boston or are they run by another student?
Seth
Forum Newbie

Postby trimax » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:20 pm

Welcome Seth! Good to know that you'll be at the White Crane Seminar next Winter (January 2007)! Master Yang does teach himself the seminars. He will be assisted by his senior students (Aaron Damus, Ben Warner,...).

It seems that this may be the LAST Shaolin White Crane Seminar because not many people have shown interest in attending the seminar in the past. So this topic might be changed to something else next Summer Seminars of 2007.

I really love the White Crane Style, so it's IMPERATIVE that we show our interest and PRACTICE the topics learned otherwise Master Yang won't consider teaching us more advanced things if we can't even do the basics!

Next January I will be there. Ricardo and Arménio (two Portuguese students) are also planning to attend the White Crane and Qin Na Seminars.

I definitely recommend EVERYBODY to attend the Seminar, even if you have done it before. We always learn something new, get a deeper understanding and feeling. Things that we overlooked before... things that can be seen with the training maturity, things seen only with an experienced eye...

Also, apart being a very UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY (only twice a year) to learn from Master Yang the art of his specialty - it is also a good time to meet new and different people who practice hard-soft martial arts. People interested in the same things as we are and get in touch with the rest of the inner circle of the martial community. Chances like these are rare.

I hope I have given some serious food for thought. We might not get another chance. This might be IT...
trimax
Admin

Postby DOM » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:01 am

nice post Tony!Glad to here you guys will be there.I was going to bag the crane seminar this winter figuering nobody else was interested in saving the seminar.If you can,drop Dave a line and give him a push to attend also.I don't think he was intending to go,and I do not beleave he checks the forum much.I will start working on him this week when we train.See you at the seminar my friend.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby brycia8 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:11 pm

I also plan on going. I've got a question regarding what material is covered though. I have a single stripe (Andover) and was wondering if you have to progress through each level in order to move onto the next like the Chin Na Seminars?

I don't profess to understand what Level 1 encompasses but it does seem like (from the website) it covers several things I may already be familiar with.

Any thoughts? advice?

-Bryan

p.s. see Inga I do read the forum
brycia8
Forum Newbie

Postby trimax » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Hey Bryan,

Following the levels is recommended because it will give you a good foundation. However, if you already have the basics, practiced them and understand them, I believe you may ask permission to advance to the next level.

In the last session, Summer of 2006, we reviewed the previous levels before learning the topics from the next level.
trimax
Admin

Postby Inga » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 pm

Bryan, not only did you read, you posted! Good man. It sounds like the seminar will well attended. When you meet DOM tell him I said "HI". Elbow Seth in the ribs for me. And give Tony a lift to Andover so he can see us all. Long list, but I know you can deal. See you soon.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby N0M4D » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 am

I'm there!

Got an injury last week which I thought was going to screw things up, but I'm glad to say that I'm recovering fast and will be able to atend.

From what I've discussed with Tony, we should have a good turnout this year.

Looking forward to see and train with everyone. :D
Ricardo Carvalhosa
Almada, PORTUGAL

"I don't know Karate, but I know Ca-razy, and I'm not afraid to use it." - Roy O'Bannon, Shanghai Noon :mrgreen:
(thanks for the head's up, John :wink:)
N0M4D
Forum Addict

Return to YMAA Seminars / Summer Camp