Matrix or Star Wars?

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Matrix or Star Wars?

Postby yat_chum » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:57 am

My eldest son and I were talking if we were in a film world which one would we choose and why? He would choose to be a Jedi and I chose to be in the Matrix. Matrix or Star Wars (or any other film), which film world, you would choose to be in?
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby John Noonan » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:07 am

Star Wars...

because the matrix isn't real.

:wink:
Fighting Style: The One Style, to rule them all

Frodo: The letters, it's some form of subtitle.
Gandalf: It is the language of Miramax, a dubbing that I will not utter here.
Frodo: Miramax!
-Quote from Crouching Smeagol, Hidden Gollum
John Noonan
Forum Guru

Postby OnlyMe » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:30 pm

John Noonan wrote:Star Wars...

because the matrix isn't real.

:wink:

Thats what you think coppertop.. :lol:
OnlyMe
Forum Addict

Postby darth_freak » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:40 pm

can we chose Star Matrix Wars?

(okay I leave)
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Walter Wong » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:42 pm

Star Wars. I love lightsabers.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby Jucudeno » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:23 pm

No contest, Star Wars...the Matrix is shallow in comparison, they have one world and one fake dreamworld. Star Wars has a galaxy...and wookies.

Wookies win. ;P
"Study is to study what cannot be studied. Undertaking means undertaking what cannot be undertaken. Philosophizing is to philosophize about what cannot be philosophized about. Knowing that knowing is unknowable is true perfection." - Chuang Tzu
Jucudeno
Forum Contributor

Postby scramasax57 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:43 pm

have you seen the original star wars lately? they're unquestionable better than the new ones, but the "lightsaber fighting" is ridiculous.

the matrix (but only the first one...and parts of the second)
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby yat_chum » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:35 am

Before I begin I know that neither films are real but there is nothing wrong with a little escapism, especially when assembling flat pack furniture. For me the Matrix wins hands down because you don’t have to be blessed with a high midichlorion(spelling?) count to be able to do amazing things. However I am unsure about being programmed with several martial arts. I personally think this would be a nightmare, it reminds me of a story.

The fox and the cat were standing on a hill, talking about how many ways they know of escaping from a pack of dogs. The cat feeling rather inadequate, said “I only know one way. I run up the nearest tree.” The fox gave the cat a sardonic smile and said “Well, actually, I know fifty different ways of escaping a pack of dogs” Just then a pack of dogs appeared on the horizon and ran in the direction of the fox and the cat. The cat, utilising his only escape technique, found sanctuary up a nearby tree. Whilst the fox was busy deciding which of the fifty escape techniques he should employ, he got ate by the pack of dogs.

Think you would have to be The One to know so many styles and be able to blend them effectively enough to fight. Enough procrastination, time to get back to the reality of furniture assembling. Jo
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Inga » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:19 pm

jo, procrastination rules mate! are you building a telly stand to watch the matrix on?
Inga
Admin

Jedi knight for sure

Postby Patbirder » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:34 pm

I would rather be in the Star Wars universe than the Matrix, jedi or not simply because in the Matrix, if you are not used as a living battery for some machine, then you are stuck deep underground hoping to avoid annhiliation by the machines
the "environment" is not separate from who you are
watch birds-great for training the eyes!
Patbirder
Forum Contributor

Postby yat_chum » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:33 pm

Aye up Ingeur, neya lass, ah av already done 'a'. Ah naw putin togetha eur dressa for uz eldest son. Dis int uz Accen'tli' ah'm naw cheytin 'n usin eur Yorksha translator on dis websi'. http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp Thy boys meight li' it. Ah'm eur norfowk dumplin missen naw is theur can finn' eur translator for 'a' ahl be chuffin' impressed

Joke tahhm
'un day eur college proffessor wor greetin 'is new college class. 'e stood up i' front o' t' class 'n asked if anyone int' class wor eur moron, 'n if thee wor, thee should stan'. afta eur minute eur lad stood up. t' professor then asked t' beeam if 'e actually thowt 'e wor eur moron. t' beeam replied, 'noa, ah just dint want ta sithee standin theear orl by yourself'
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Hi Patbirder, I think I prefer The Matrix because it taps in to the cynical/ paranoid side of my personality. Anyway all the people in Zion are still connected, they just don’t think they are. It’s just another layer of control. Jo
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Return to General Chat