St. Baldrick's Event at YMAA Andover May 3 2014

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

St. Baldrick's Event at YMAA Andover May 3 2014

Postby Inga » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 am

Calling all folks near zip code 01810 in MA, I invite you to participate in our first annual St. Baldrick's event at Yang's Martial Arts & Fitness Center in Andover MA at 5 Dundee Park. We are raising money for children with cancer and our motto is "Be Brave - Get Bald!"

First of all, you can consider taking the challenge along with me and my two sons and lose those locks (just in time for summer!!). To become a shavee, visit our webpage - it's so easy, sign up, tell your friends and family so they can sponsor you, and turn up on May 3rd to get shaved : )

If you aren't ready to show your skin, that's fine, come cheer on those who are doing it, check out our bake sale and silent auction. We will also be doing a kung fu demo and lion dance - admission is free, but we hope you'll drop a little something into the donation jar.

Here's the link :

http://www.stbaldricks.org/events/mypage/11311/2014

To become a 'shavee' just click "Join Us" and follow the instructions. It only takes a few minutes. If you scroll down you'll see our schedule for the day. Thanks for reading, and hope to see you on the day!

Cheers Inga
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Re: St. Baldrick's Event at YMAA Andover May 3 2014

Postby joeblast » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:01 am

Always on a busy weekend! But I have already shaved my head anyway :mrgreen:
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Inga » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 am

Ah Joeblast, you would fit right in, in that case!! If your day isn't too busy, drop by, we have other events going on, a kung fu demo - lion dance...

Or next year, WAIT to shave your head and do it for St. Baldricks : )

Thanks for the good vibe tho, appreciate it!
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby joeblast » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

If it were a hop skip and a jump, it'd be easier, but I'm 2 hours of a drive away! One of these days I will make it up there for an event. Best of luck and wishes for the event! /\ :D
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Inga » Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 am

Thanks! We've had a brilliant month, so far we've raised over $4000 : D

Here's a shot from the day:

Thanks Nick (my youngest son) for the bunny ears - it's rather chilly as I adjust to no hair so happy for any cover up until it warms up haha. I appreciate all the good vibe sent and donations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby Sanfung » Thu May 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Hey, for some reason I'm getting an error here. I see the line:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

I was hoping to see a couple of photographs of the event!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to General Chat