~ Meditation Food ~

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

~ Meditation Food ~

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Greetings everyone.

I read an article which said that the food doesn't really determine the nature of your meditation, what does really matter is that you eat healthy. I say; basically should you take your basic 5 Vitamins through natural occurring food and drinks, such as Vitamin A,B,C,D,&E. But studies have shown; that if you eat lots of meat, then will your blood turn murky. If you eat lots of vegetables, then will your blood become clearer.

So according to this scientific research, it might be possible that Vegetarian food could determine the nature of your clear state of mind. But then should you keep in mind, that the Human mind became larger when we started roasting meat during the Stone Age. So it's true that eating meat is good for your brains, I suggest becoming a Flexible Vegetarian and eat meat every now and then.

About Vegetarian Food (Meditation Food):

I make Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) and Pad Thai (Stir Fried Noodles) for myself, am going to do some research about Indian Tandoori, Thai Red, Green & Yellow Curry. I cook for a group of people, we do lots of recipes. We did Nasi Koening and Suriname Food with fried Bananas, which basically contains lots of meat.

I would like to give you some Vegetarian recipes of mine.

Vegetarian Nasi Goreng:

Brown Rice
    Organic Tofu
    Chinese Stir Fry Mix (Vegetables)

Wok Oil
    Santen (Coconut Cream)
    Ketjap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
    Sambal Brandal (Spicy Chili Sauce)
    Laos (Galanga Root)
    Sereh (Lemon Grass)
    Seroendeng Sedap (Coconut Powder with Tumeric, Peanuts, Coriander, Cumin Seed, Ginger and Garlic etc.)

For 1 Person: 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water. Boil the water and the rice, add Santen Coconut Creme to it. 20 minutes at a low ebb, or 10 minutes with a lid. Cook the Tofu for 5 minutes until it is yellow on both sides, add Rice to the Tofu. Add Sweet Soy Sauce and stir well, add Vegetables to it and stir well and "bring the heat", add herbs and stir well. When the food is ready, add Seroendeng Sedap as the last ingredient.

Vegetarian Pad Thai:

Broad Noodles (Bird's Nest)
    Organic Tofu
    Spicy Thai Stir Fry Mix (Vegetables)

Pad Thai Sauce (Tamarind, Garlic, Fish Oil, Anchovy Extract)
    Bamboo Shoots
    1 Egg
    Seroendeng Sedap (Coconut Powder with Tumeric, Peanuts, Coriander, Cumin Seed, Ginger and Garlic etc.)

Cook the Noodles until ready, then fry the Tofu until it is yellow. When the Noodles are ready, cut it into pieces with wooden spoons. Add the Noodles to the Tofu, add Sweet Soy Sauce and stir well. Add the Vegetables and Bamboo, stir well and "bring the heat". Then add the herbs and an egg, stir well. When the food is ready, then add Seroendeng Sedap as last ingredient.

I'm going to practice how to make Vegetarian Thai Curry and Indian Tandoori.

Here is some good Meditation Music from India;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuOMu1S ... DA67C6C428
Last edited by Phalanxpursos on Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Re: ~ Meditation Food ~

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sun May 18, 2014 9:42 am

Here is my favorite recipe.

Vegetarian Tandoori Massala:

Brown Rice
    Organic Tofu
    Oriental Stir Fry Vegetables (Sugar snaps etc.)

Wok Oil
    Santen (Coconut Cream)
    Small Naan Coriander & Garlic Bread (from Pataks)
    Tandoori Curry
    Coconut Milk
    Massala (Curry; Coriander, Tumeric, Cumin Seeds, Fenugreek, Mustard Seeds, Nigella and Ginger Pepper.)

Begin heating the oven until it reaches 180 degrees, put the small Naan bread in the grill 2 times 5 minutes to heat both sides of the bread. For 1 Person: 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water. Boil the water and the rice, add Santen Coconut Creme & Massala to the rice. 20 minutes at a low ebb, or 10 minutes with a lid. Fry the Sugar Snaps with the Tofu for 5 minutes until the Tofu is yellow on both sides, add the Vegetables, Tandoori Curry, Sambal & Coconut Milk and put it on a low ebb. Add Sweet Soy Sauce and Seroendeng Sedap to the rice when it is ready, add the Curry & Vegetables on top of the Rice. When the food is ready, then add Small Naan bread as last ingredient.

If your rice is not done in 10 minutes with a lid on a low ebb, then it means you use too much water.

On my best do I need 15 minutes to make Tandoori Massala.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 am

Here is a recipe that I enjoy eating every day.

Potatoes/Salad/Vegetarian Burger:

Red Zest Potatoes
    Oak Leaf Lettuce
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Black Olives
    Chive Sauce
    Olive Oil
    Garlic Powder
    Pepper
    Salt

Boil water; cut the Potatoes into little pieces and cook them for 17 minutes with a lid, make a salad from the Lettuce, Tomatoes, Olives, Chive Sauce, Garlik, Pepper, Sault and Olive Oil. Cook the Vegetarian Burger for 5 minutes, only need a little bit of Olive Oil. When the Potatoes are done, put Garlic, Pepper, Sault, Olive Oil and Chive Sauce over the Potatoes.
Last edited by Phalanxpursos on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm

I wanted to post a new recipe of mine which is amazing:

Vegetarian Salad Pasta:

Grilled Pieces of Meat Substitutes (Wheat, Soy, Vitamin B12 and Iron)
    Pipe Rigate Pasta (Shells)
    Oak Leaf Lettuce
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Green Olives
    Olive Pesto
    Honey Mustard
    Olive Oil
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Garlic Powder
    Pepper
    Salt

Boil the water with a lid; put the Paste in the boiling water and turn the heat to medium, let the Pasta cook for 15 to 17 minutes. Prepare the Salad with Oak Leaf Lettuce Cherry Tomatoes and Green olives, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Honey Mustard, perpare the Meat Replacers in 5 minutes. When the Pasta is finished, add the Meat Replacers to the Pasta, sprinkle it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add Olive Pesto to the Pasta. Add the Pasta to the Vegetable and stir it until the vegetables spread even, dinner is served.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 am

Vegetarian Pasta:

Vegetarian Mince
    Pasta Sauce
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Regular Olive Oil
    Pipe Rigate Pasta
    Pasta Vegetables
    Brown Beans
    Green Olives
    Tabasco
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic Powder
    Oregano
    Basil
    Parsley

Boil the water with a lid; put the Pasta in the boiling water and turn the heat to medium, let the Pasta cook for 15 to 17 minutes. 5 minutes after adding the pasta to the water, then you put Regular Olive Oil in a pan. Heat the Vegetarian Mince and add Pasta Sauce, Pasta Vegetables, Brown Beans, Green Olives, Tabasco, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Basil and Parsley, cook the pasta mix for about 5 minutes then put it on a low ebb. When the Pipe Rigate Pasta is ready, put it in the Sieve so all the water can drain away. Then add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the Pasta, add the Pasta to the Pasta Mix and stir it.

Dinner is ready.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:58 am

I tried the Tandoori Massala a few days ago, and I have to say Phalanx that it was excellent, but I wanted to ask your advice on one thing if that was all right. After I added the naan at the end as the last ingredient it got slightly soggy.

Is there something you would suggest in regards to this? I really appreciate you posting the recipe!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Sanfung wrote:I tried the Tandoori Massala a few days ago, and I have to say Phalanx that it was excellent, but I wanted to ask your advice on one thing if that was all right. After I added the naan at the end as the last ingredient it got slightly soggy.

Is there something you would suggest in regards to this? I really appreciate you posting the recipe!

Thanks a lot pal, I like eating Tandoori Massala whilst listening to Vedic Chanting. You say that after you added the Naan Bread that it got Damp or Soggy, well I mostly use Naan Bread when having guests for dinner. Any suggestions about the sogginess, well I don't see it is a problem the way you describe it.

Could you be more specific?

Tomorrow am going to make Falafel, I learned the recipe from Egyptians. Forgot to buy Balsamico, but I remember it being slightly expensive. When I make something nice will post the recipe up here, any suggestions?

Like what food do you make?
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you again for the recipe. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to confuse you. Do you use store bought Naan bread or do you bake your own? What I think happened from you saying that is that the bread I bought was merely flimsy and fell apart as I was eating it.

Should the Falafel come out nice, I really would like to see that recipe, if you don't mind at all.

I like to make couscous, but I've only learned recently so I'm still in the process of getting better at it. I often make lentil soup, and I was left an excellent recipe from my great grandmother on how to make it. If you had wanted I could share that one.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Sanfung wrote:Thank you again for the recipe. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to confuse you. Do you use store bought Naan bread or do you bake your own? What I think happened from you saying that is that the bread I bought was merely flimsy and fell apart as I was eating it.

Should the Falafel come out nice, I really would like to see that recipe, if you don't mind at all.

I like to make couscous, but I've only learned recently so I'm still in the process of getting better at it. I often make lentil soup, and I was left an excellent recipe from my great grandmother on how to make it. If you had wanted I could share that one.

Then the bread quality is not good, I get mine from Pataks and it's hermetically sealed with expire date. I use it for when I have friends over for dinner, I made some Falavel for myself today and yesterday and it didn't taste as good as in the Egyptian restaurant. Am thinking of making a cheaper version based upon Olive-Mayonniase, the recipe as I think tastes best is:

Simple Falavel Dish:

Oven French Fries (sprinkled with Olive Oil)
    Romain Lettuce
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Black Olives
    Corn Jar
    Falavel balls
    Olive-Mayonnaise
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic Powder

I think that one tastes the best, the one I got yesterday and today had lots of ingredients in it but it didn't taste good. The extra ingredients were red cabbage, carrots and corn etc with Garlic Sauce and Chili Sauce, it didn't taste fantastic.

The best is from an Egyptian Restaurant.

Sincerely,
https://plus.google.com/u/0/117382351976956270066/posts
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 pm

You were absolutely right. I made it a second time, and better bread made all the difference. I got a different batch from a local non-chain grocery that had it in the Mid-East section and it held up much better.

Thank you again!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am

I bought Naan bread and it tasted awefull, the quality wasn't that good.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 am

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that! I'll be getting some later today, I'll let you know how it is.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:43 pm

I like Tandoori, Madras and Korma.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 pm

I noticed that a local store is selling more Naan, and I wish that I were sticking around to get some more of it. I'm moving and I hope that there's something available in my new community.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to General Chat