shocking news

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

shocking news

Postby yat_chum » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Deeply saddened by the awful news of the bombing today. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Re: shocking news

Postby Inga » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 am

Cheers Jo,

It's a terrible act of senseless violence and cowardice. I've just heard on the news they have collected some leads overnight, I'm sure we all hope they catch the responsible individuals soon. Sending back best wishes that the London Marathon goes off without a hitch.

Peace, Inga
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby joeblast » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 am

*shakes head* crazy, crazy world.

Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 am

the kid's screaming "we didnt do it" - no wonder they shot him in the throat. :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEXW1CJ5Bk

as much as I hate to believe there were "other factors" at work here - we're basically seeing another story out of mouthpieces that doesnt add up, so it basically makes the entire story suspect. just like with newtown, only there was but one feed of data to secure there, here this was done in public with a ton of cameras going. I read an article from an EMT that stated the guy who had his legs blown off has some severe inconsistencies also, as in he wasnt the first one treated on the scene, was being taken away in a wheelchair, conscious, not looking all pale ghost white as he should be, in shock, from loss of blood - why was someone far less injured taken away on a stretcher, but the guy who lost his legs, no tourniquet and a wheelchair?

*shakes head* crazy, crazy world.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby John the Monkey mind » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm

A lot of inconsistencies and questions. I was glued to the news and YouTube as stuff came out and a lot of what I have seen in video wile things developed contradict the official line. Its very confusing but after Tony Blair in the UK and many issues that eventual came out in the news I have no trust in the honesty of people in politics or the police and security services.

Still I am not saying anyone is innocent just that it is complex and clearly a lot is being deliberately withheld or obscured. There may be others worthy of standing trial and I won't guess who they are at this point. There may also be others who dropped the ball with known individuals they were watching.

I was also concerned at how the police put such a large number of people under effective house arrest and pointed guns at them wile equipped in military fashion and invading their homes with no warrant all to find one kid. In the UK we have also suffered from terrorism for many years but it seemed way to much to me.
The American Congress need to look at events very closely.

My main thoughts however are with the victims and the people of Boston. God bless the ordinary American people

The shifiting story and line reminds me of the death of Jean Charles de Menezes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_J ... de_Menezes

And I still think that case is a lot more complex than the official position.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby John the Monkey mind » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 am

Now they say they found a woman's DNA on the bombs. That matches the pictures joe posted a link to.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... vices.html
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

yeah, I was shocked at the massive amount of fourth amendment violations that occurred by the police, that was clearly unconstitutional. if police came knocking at my door and told me they were forcing me out of my home at gunpoint so they could search my house without any sort of warrant, I would bring lawsuits personally against each and every one that committed the violation and also sue the departments as well. there is a clear process set forth for the suspension of posse comatatus - the president must declare martial law.

its shocking people dont even know their rights any longer - those kids sure didnt know what theirs were.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to General Chat