Impact printer or Non-Impact Printer?

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Impact printer or Non-Impact Printer?

Postby spearss91 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 am

Hello Guys,

Give me at least some points which makes difference between Impact printer and Non-Impact Printer?
spearss91
Forum User

Re: Impact printer or Non-Impact Printer?

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm not sure if you're still looking for this information, but I was going through the list of unanswered posts today to see if I could answer some questions that had been left unanswered here for a while. This isn't the sort of thing I usually see asked at YMAA, but I'd be happy to help.

An impact printer works by striking a head against a ribbon with ink on it in order to make a mark on a piece of fed in paper. Classic dot matrix and daisy wheel printers were in this class. Laser and ink-jet printers are non-impact.

Non-impact designs usually work around a nozzle that spreads ink on the page or some other system that ejects it. Laser printers in particular use a drum and an electric system to distribute toner across a page.

Impact printers are much louder, but they can be useful for invoices and other forms.

While some people make claims as to the energy efficiency of either design, you should really just take a look at the actual wattage on the label if you want to save power. Disconnect it and unplug it when you're not using it.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to General Chat