vibration

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

vibration

Postby goose » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:20 am

im not sure if this is the right forum but here it is. before i knew what i was doing i would some times meditate to the point were my body would vibrate from the qi i was generateing. most of the time i would do it only to the point that my fingers would tingle.
it would start in my fingers go up my arms in to my chest down my feet then up in to my head. when it got to my head i heard a voice say stop what are you doing. i then started hearing voices all the time. i think they were spirits.

i have since read all the ymaa books i can find and am much more knowledgeable. i dont make my self vibrate any more.

i am just woundering if any of the experts here have had experiance with any thing like this. any help would be great thank you.
goose
Forum User

Postby yat_chum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:28 am

Please can I ask you a few questions

How old are you?
Where are you from? and what culture do you belong to?
Do you belong to a particular belief system?

As a general rule, without knowing any background, I would say if the voices are causing you any distress seek help.
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby goose » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

i am 28
male
live in the usa
before i had this happem to me i didnt have any ideas on the subject. i now have lots of ideas on the subject hehehe.
i am geting help for the voices.
the book that has helped me the most is qigong meditation small circulation. it was very informative. on the right way to meditate

lets see
it all started when i would bench press. i would sit for 5 or 10 min in meditation sinking my breath with my hart takeing slow deep breaths generateing qi i would always feel it in my finger tips first. then i would stop meditateing and go bench press. it gave me lots of extra power.

i dont recemend any one doing the whole body thing because of the side efects.

but i am very curious about what happend any info would be great.
goose
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Goose, nothing wrong with doing that but when you do something active, always follow it with stillness to absorb & integrate what you've cultivated - its every bit as important as the active phases of things you do. The whole body thing, you just need to work your way there, jumping straight there you may get a little overloaded.

Sifu Chris Matsuo put a good tidbit in the context of his bagua overview:

Its said that if the mastery of vortexes are not accomplished, false reality comes in the form of prophetic speech, strange visions, convulsions, speaking in tongues, quaking, shaking, spinning, jumping, emotional fits. Although catharsis of angst is always appreciated, in a higher prospective, the person cannot handle the energy going through because their understanding and tempering is not there. When the mastery of vortexes is accomplished with the oldest traditional practice, it becomes a beautiful dance of vortexes called Baguazhang, coiling and uncoiling with the Tao originating from Wu Chi.

This is the importance of skill and wisdom which, in Tibetan Bon tradition, brings enlightenment or awakening.

Proceed carefully, gently, do your homework and dont skip the stillness afterward and you'll do allright. Dr Yang talks about shuigong, closing down exercises, I dont recall exactly how he refers to it. Basically you dont want to raise the level of qi to a high state and then just "leave it there" for lack of a better descriptor - sitting in stillness and letting yourself "marinate in the qi you cultivated" is an important step - you'll only "absorb so much" and as you progress, your capacity will be refined with diligent practice...its every bit as much being "open" as it is absorbing...these words are total abstractions, you will have to ascertain the actual phenomena yourself!

:)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby goose » Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 pm

thanks for your reply. ive taken steps not to gather so much. you have given me some things to look in to too. thanks again
goose
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 am

Interesting topic.

Joe- Id like to hear more about the "mastery of vortexes" with clarity and detail, and without any vague fluff? Got a link to infos?
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Re: vibration

Postby joeblast » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 pm

D, just saw this now...juuuust a little after it was posted :lol: Perhaps I should frequent here a little more often instead of just going to the qigong section!

I will get back here shortly :D
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to General Chat