Starwberry and Chocolate Gateaux

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Starwberry and Chocolate Gateaux

Postby Yatish Parmar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am

I had the 2nd best slice of cake in my life yesterday.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:28 am

I like the way you called it "STARwberry", as if subconsciously, you was thinking, what a star! I made myself curry last night. It was supposed to be um, tandoori but came out more bhuna. And burnt. But just at the bottom! I ate the top half okay.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 am

loool

what's the difference between tandhori and bhuna?

I didn't know "gateau" was used in English! Do you aswell put an "x" when plural and none when singular?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby yat_chum » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:17 am

Yes we do add the x for the plural of gateau. According to my dictionary the word is of French origin, now there's a surprise. The term gateau is usually used for a fancy cake but to me they are all just CAKES.
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 pm

I've been moved. Where to?
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:12 am

"I've been moved. Where to?"

Yes well I had heard that you are not here right now. You posted this in Shaolin, and, as riveting as it is, I thought perhaps better placed in General Chat. Seeing as you did not chin na the cake, rather chowed it.

Xavier, I meant by my curry comment that it came out rather dry, in my limited and british influenced experience of curry a bhuna has less 'sauce' if you will. There is a much more sophisticated answer regarding flavour, but, it won't come from me. I'm mostly a khorma girl, wimpy really, i like the spices and taste but can't take the heat in large doses.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby yat_chum » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:37 am

Hi Yatish, what was the first best slice of cake?
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:57 pm

it was in a "ye old tea shoppe" in the new forest. run by old ladies. They possessed some kind of bewildering recipe which created a cake so light fluffy moist and melt in the mouth I was lost in the sheer experience of it. What I do remember was the clotted cream was so thick and fresh from a cow it wouldn't come out of it's receptacle, even with serious shaking.

I obviously needed more peng.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby yat_chum » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:17 am

Is it just uz or is it nigh on impossible ta seh t' wut cake wiyaa' gonneur intoa eur Yorksha accent.

Is it just me or is it nigh on impossible to say the word CAKE without going into a Yorkshire accent.
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:14 am

Man.

CEEYYYK

That's as bad as when Americans say MOOOOOOOOM.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby darth_freak » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:01 am

Wow... Is Yorkshire accent that bad? I may go there next school year... :shock: to improve my English accent!! :?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:39 pm

Come to London...

haha you know what makes me laugh? At camp there are people speaking English in all sorts of strange accents. And the one person nobody understands is me the sole London-born English cat.. Maybe Yorkshire is a better bet!
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:41 pm

i love cake and yorkshire. tis nowt wrong wit' yorkshire accent. Darth I recommend the University of York, I studied as an undergraduate there and got my MA from there, it's an excellent school and York is a gorgeous city. Having said that my brother attended LSE and he reckoned living in London was the best ever. So, I think either way your English will improve..so long as you don't hang out with Yatish. Although you may wish to in order to discover the secret location of the world's best ever gateau. Now I'm peckish.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:29 am

Second best.

I was taken through to the first via bewildering route through the new forest which ended up at ye old tea shoppe.

We need to find "The Chiropractor" to get to Ye Old Tea Shoppe.

Where's Indy when you need him?
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby darth_freak » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:34 am

actually I'll be there to assist a French teacher in secondary school. So I can't choose what place I'll go. I had to pick 3 regions where I'd like to go and I asked for Surrey, Yorkshire or Sussex. Now I wait for my... allocation (? :-/)

I didn't pick London cause I've been told that they're few true English there compared to the ratio of foreigners walking the streets. And it's said to be expsensive as hell!!
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 pm

We had one of those in my last school. It's an OK job. Make sure you are clear on your contract and boundaries because schools will seek to take advantage of you.

If you are working in a state school and expect to pick up "good English" prepare for a shock. London or not, working class people don't have great English!
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby yat_chum » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Wo' yew saayin' on 'en bor, cor blarst me, tha's a lotta ol squit, I'm workin' clarss an' I go' bloomin' proper good English.
Dew yew keep a troshin'
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:42 am

mkay... that may prove to be... enriching. lol

When I know where I go I'll let you know and maybe you could tell me if I'm gonna need a local translator :p
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:31 am

Bewildering cakes are delicious.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to General Chat