Responsibility, Avoid Aggression.

Discuss sparring, training applications in a competition environment, or even in real-life (fighting, self-defence). Please no violence!
And stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Re: Responsibility, Avoid Aggression.

Postby Monsoon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 am

Good point right there concerning ambush tactics. Certainly from a military perspective a good ambush leaves none alive. So for those being ambushed the odds are slim, and randomising by going berserk (but with a little focus on the enemy) will raise your odds slightly. Not much though.

On the street, ambushes are often not well planned so options may be greater.

Not fun though.
peace and harmony

monsoon
Monsoon
Forum Guru

Postby wpgtaiji » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:04 am

This is the number one issue with sparring practice! ALL real fighting is ambush. Either its you who is jumped, or it is the aggressor who gets hit prior to launching his attack, the result is someone was hit without warning.

Sparring is fiction because the only people who would fit that way are martial artists or "pro" trained fighters, and if you are fighting one of them, then your martial art is pathetic and you need a new teacher.

It is pure SIMPLISTIC psychology! Why would someone EVER attack another if they knew they were going to get their butt handed to them? An attack is ALWAYS launched by the idea that it will be successful. Let's stop this ridiculousness and drink more beer!

And YES, ever single posture in taiji and bagua addresses this sort of situation with one or usually MORE aggressors. yes pete, i went there :P
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Monsoon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 am

An awful lot of street fights just kick off. There is not much thought in the mind of the aggressor period, let alone any idea that they will get their butt handed to them. The adrenalin surges and they lash out. It is explosive, usually uncontrolled and lacking in any focus.

However, you a right in the sense that if you KNEW you were going to lose you would have to be stupid or crazy to start a fight.

Bar fights in particular are generally not governed by this apparent common sense, as are any fights that involve any type of intoxicant or other drugs.

From personal experience as an ex-serviceman, drunks and drug users are dangerously unpredictable and lack normal pain reception (obviously). This makes them very difficult to deal with, and often the most effective strategy is simply to give them as much room as possible. They generally fall over by themselves eventually. :D

Fighting... it's generally not fun.
peace and harmony

monsoon
Monsoon
Forum Guru

Postby wpgtaiji » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

monsoon, when will you get it that i am not "in a sense right", i am right (period).??? LOL

Just let the words i put sink in a bit more, then do a lot of practice, and you will start to see through the fog.

See, it isnt ME that put this up! I am just talented at seeing connections and linking ideas together in ways that few have seen before (in this case, not so subtle). just cuz you have no clue as to what is being said, does not make it "sort of right". I tend not to look at the world from an external martial artists view point, which seems to be the only way many here (not all) see the world. What a shame! (Yes Josh! Flame flame flame!! You are so smart! Josh, you know everything, blah blah blah).

peace
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Monsoon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Jeez! Discussing anything with you is a Sisyphean task.

You were only right 'in a sense' because the point is... they don't think AT ALL.

The majority of public fights are spontaneous expressions of aggression with no thought to outcome. When someone lashes out in anger consequences are nowhere in their mind. There is no conviction.

If you are having difficulty with some of the words please let me know.

Ps. your only obvious talent is a lack of reading comprehension. You have displayed no others.

Edited... because, quite frankly it's like watching a dog chase its own tail. Entertaining for a while, but you know he'll never get it.
peace and harmony

monsoon
Monsoon
Forum Guru

Postby wpgtaiji » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Monsoon wrote:Jeez! Discussing anything with you is a Sisyphean task.

ROFLMAO! You think we are "discussing"? You share certain characteristics of others on this forum that make "discussing" impossible!

So, from what you have put up til this point, you believe that qi can be controlled with conscious thought? (see, this is discussion)!
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Monsoon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Look! /points over there

A three-headed monkey!

/walks away humming softly
peace and harmony

monsoon
Monsoon
Forum Guru

Previous