silk reeling qigong

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

silk reeling qigong

Postby lilman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 am

Have any of you seen the movie titled The Secret of Tai Chi?

Its an older movie and it has taijiquan masters from mainland China and even has demos from Chen family members on the opening credits. The forms are noticeably chen, but when they fight, there's a lot of techniques that aren't in any chen hand forms. I wasn't sure if it was a different style because it was a movie or what. Then I learned silk reeling qigong.

If you search silk reeling online, you get a bunch of videos and pics of people tracing the yin yang diagrams. There is combat techniques involved, but its not what you see in the movie. So I accepted that as the silk reeling qigong. I asked my teacher to teach me it before I move on to the longer chen forms. Its a 31 movement qigong, all combat related. It has circles, spiraling, sinking, cuts, shoulder and elbow strikes, splits, bumps, pull downs, wardoff, rollback, press push etc. You cannot find this qigong anywhere, try the applications are in a movie that has the Chen families participation. Am I missing something here or is there a reason this qigong is not widely known and a connection with the name of that movie and the combat techniques in it? Anyone else know this qigong or know of it? It also helps stretch and develop flexibility.

My teacher told me, qigong is the basics of fighting.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby southcraig » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Here is the morted info about skill reeling and you can get a decent DVD to learn how to akill reel at this link:

http://internalarts.typepad.com/ken_gullettes_internal_ma/silkreeling-energy-dvd.html
southcraig
Forum Newbie

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan