White Crane Gongfu Web Site

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

White Crane Gongfu Web Site

Postby baihe shifu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:24 am

Well here we go again with an all new White Crane Gongfu Web Site:

http://www.whitecranegongfu.info

Love to hear your thoughts and yes criticisms, ideas!!!

What are you ideas on the material (Content) presented?

Seriously I'd like your views on the presentation, content, good things, bad things, things that may be done differently.
baihe shifu
Forum Addict

Re: White Crane Gongfu Web Site

Postby Monsoon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:41 am

There's a lot of work in that website! I applaud all those who have taken the time to put it together. Really good effort.

Now, criticisms (you knew it was coming!).

The sound effects I find really annoying. Not really necessary in my opinion. I would ditch them.

The entire site needs a good proofread (spelling, grammar and consistency) because there are rather a lot of errors in this regard. While this may not be noticeable to some people it does rather detract from the very professional look.

The scrolling writing in the red 'net' top border thing is really hard to read, both due to speed and colour contrast.

When proofing the site make sure stuff is aligned properly. It can be a minor but constant irritation to keep on seeing edges and stuff not quite lining up.

That's all for now. I may have a really in depth read of the site when I get the time, but the thoughts above were what leaped out on an initial scan.

Sorry, not trying to be negative. Overall the site is really fantastic! :D
peace and harmony

monsoon
Monsoon
Forum Guru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu