What do you feel?

Use this forum for general Martial Arts related discussion. Please stick strictly to Martial Arts and use the "General Chat" topic for other themes.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

What do you feel?

Postby yat_chum » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:14 pm

What do you feel when you are sparring?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3nmjKvOADo
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Dvivid » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Fists punching me in the head.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Inga » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:56 pm

I am always happy when I train kung fu, no matter what aspect. Sometimes it's layered under tedium, frustration, exhaustion or pain, but, it's there, and it's the driving force.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby Ralteria » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Dvivid wrote:Fists punching me in the head.

We must be training the same style, lol.
Caution...Wisdom may cause bruising.
Ralteria
Forum Addict

Postby Inga » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 am

haha well my head is usually okay, but that means I have a bad habit of keeping both my hands up too high, so I usually get nailed in the gut or sides. The other thing I feel during sparring is a sense of amazement. Regularly. In a real fight, I would hope to use one of the combos we develop and repetitively train in class, which (in my case) is designed to stun, temporarily confuse and hopefully maim enough that I have time to run like the wind. I would never be able to win a hand to hand fight, but I'm getting more confident I could get away with a minimum of damage. Course most of the sparring I do is purely playful, working on combos, testing reactions, bit 'o physical chess - what do I do next, what will they do next, trying to get familar with the process of thinking ahead, without thinking as it were. I suppose I mean learning to sense what an opponet will do next and already having the answer in store and ready to go. Much fun.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Return to General Martial Arts discussion