Any seminars in Los Angeles

Seminars are a very important part of the YMAA studies. A chance for students all over the world to learn directly from Dr. Yang. Share your thoughts about your Seminar experiences here.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Any seminars in Los Angeles

Postby ufateh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:06 pm

I am a Los Angeles/Orange County Area, CA resident and was wondering if YMAA instructors or Dr. Yang visit this area for seminars or classes. The retreat center is very far away in northern California and is more suitable if you plan to stay at least for a few weeks to a month.

Are there any YMAA certified instructors in the area who I can contact to train. I am currently training in Tai Chi Chuan from DVDs.
ufateh
Forum Contributor

Re: Any seminars in Los Angeles

Postby ufateh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Or any recommendations on instructors. There is no replacement for face to face learning
ufateh
Forum Contributor

Postby Sanfung » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Is traveling to go to a seminar difficult for you? I have this problem, so I can totally understand. Otherwise, how far would you be willing to travel?
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby ufateh » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:57 am

I really want to attend the retreat center and take part in the seminars but the distance is quite far as I live in southern part of California. The seminars are a bit expensive so I have to plan ahead. I hope I am able to attend in 2017 and meet and train with Dr. Yang.

Do you know any YMAA students who are near the LA and surrounding area with whom I can train? Are any of the YMAA schools in the Midwest or east cost teaching a distant learning course in Tai Chi.

Most of the schools here teach the Yang competition 24 form and i wanted to start with the traditional form which I have started through the YMAA Tai Chi for beginners DVD for now.
ufateh
Forum Contributor

Postby Sanfung » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:58 pm

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you with this one, though I have not been on the forum in a few weeks. With wanting to learn how to do the full form, it certainly does sound like you have a pretty solid background. Were you able to find anyone in the area to train with in the end? I would also be really interested in hearing whether or not you get an opportunity next year to go travel to the seminar in question.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby ufateh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:45 pm

I might not get a chance this year but I will keep training and plan to visit the seminar next year or at least go for some days to their regular training.
ufateh
Forum Contributor

Return to YMAA Seminars / Summer Camp